Yeah, it applies on that page too.

Fixed position can be a bit tricky for that very reason. Floats will push
each other out of the way and never overwrite each other, but the same can't
be said for positioned elements. Any time you use positioning, you need to
test (or at least think through) as many conceivable scenarios as possible.

Matt