Morning Ed

You wrote;

On 1/13/07, Jan Erik Moström <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> +   How common is Explorer 6, should I bother to try to fix this?

Well unless Microsoft's "push" for IE7 is going faster than I think
it's probably still the majority browser out there.

> +   Is there some simple way of fixing this (I tried to find some
>      reference of how to fix it but I didn't find anything)?

First you have to get rid of the comments before your DOCTYPE
declaration.  For IE6 (and 7) the declaration must be the very first
thing in the file or it will render in "quirks" mode instead of
"standards" mode.  In IE that's a much bigger deal than with other
browsers because in "quirks" mode it sizes screen boxes incorrectly.

<snipped a bit>
--
Ed Seedhouse

Just to clarify,  MS fixed [1] the doctype switching caused by the XHTML
Prolog preceding a complete XHTML Doctype in IE 7.

Best to you all.

[1]  http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2005/09/15/467901.aspx

Jim Nannery
www.beebar.net