> CSS:  Your menu items consist of an anchor nested inside an
> LI.  Which element has been given the onmouseover behavior, A or
> LI?  Are they styled to be the same size?  If this points to the
> problem, I would style the anchor as a block and dimension it to
> contain its contents, and let the LI simply shrink-wrap around it.  I
> suspect this is the problem because the 'home' item vibrates when I
> point to the word itself (the anchor text) but not when I point to
> the (presumably) larger surrounding LI.
>
> JS: Another potential problem area might be event propagation, in
> which an event occurring to a child also occurs to its parent,
> etc.  Try halting event propagation as soon as it's detected.
>
> Regards,
>
> Paul

Thanks for the response Paul. The onmouseover and onmouseout events
are embedded in neither the li nor the anchor tag, but rather in the
parent unordered list tag. The idea is that mousing over any part of
the unordered list reveals (with a slight delay) the entire list which
can have one or more list items. Each of the list items is parent to
an anchor tag. The anchor item is in fact smaller (narrower) than its
parent li. In my browser (Safari) there doesn't seem to be any
behavior difference between mousing on the anchor area vs. the list
item area, both result in "vibration" I guess as the script for
lowering and raising the object run repeatedly in opposition.

As for halting event propagation, I'm not familiar with what you mean,
but will google around for further info. Thanks again,

Ben