Thanks, Gunlaug. That worked great!

The only problem remaining seems to be that, according to what
browsershots.org is showing me, IE 5.0 reads height:1% and collapses the
container around its contents. Do you know if there's a separate solution
for that browser? (It's not a deal breaker, as IE5.0 appears to deal with it
just fine.)

Thanks!

Matt