At 11:23 AM 23/01/2007, David Sharp wrote:

>I have a bunch of image thumbnails - all the images are the same size,
>but some are portrait, some are landscape.
>
>I currently have them displayed inline, text-align : center;
>vertical-align : middle; so they fill each row from the center of the
>screen, and wrap when required. The vertical-align means orientation is
>not an issue.
>
>My problem arises when wanting to center a caption under each image.
>Because the images are inline I can't absolutely position the caption
>with respect to the anchor. Making each anchor a block means I would
>have to float them and therefore lose centering.
>
>This is not the site in question, but if you want to have a tinker try
>www.bsq.com.au/bubs/baby.html -CSS styles are in the <head>

Hi David,

Just noticed your post so I'll throw my two cents in... I did a gallery
(modified over a few sites) from Eric Meyers book "More Eric Meyer on CSS' .

It seems to be more what you are trying to do I think?

All the galleries I've done are part of a custom CMS where the clients all
maintain these galleries and as such do not heed my advice about length of
'title' etc, but it's their sites. If you are maintaining yourself it would
be different.

Here's some examples:
http://www.byronpropertyforsale.com/gallery.php
http://www.4wdnsw-act.asn.au/gallery.php
http://www.explorerexperience.com.au/gallery.php?cat=Outback

CSS in the head, and if Eric is okay for you to use the CSS/html I don't
have a problem with you using it if it's what you're looking for.

Kind regards

Vicki