Hello all,

I'm running into some problems with a fixed width/fluid width 100% span.

http://www.matthickerson.com/dev/spantest.html
Styles are inline in source

This is the closest I've come and it's fairly consistent in Firefox and IE6,
however the right side doesn't quite flow the entire width.

It uses absolute positioning on the left "fixed width" div, with relative
positioning of the right "fluid width" div.  Floats didn't seem to cut it,
Firefox would only render the right side "fluid width" based on the content
within, it didn't naturally span the rest of the screen width.

Also, the right "fluid div" is using a width:77%, a 100% throws it off the
screen.

What I'm wondering is has anyone done this type of layout before and can I
get my right side "fluid width" to span 100%?  Right now, it's a tad short
and I'd like it span the entire width of that red background wrapper.

Thank you.