On 1/26/07, martin f krafft <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >                  li a  {display: block;}

> If I do this, then the entire navigation bar will be horizontal all
> of a sudden:

I don't see why.  All that rule says is that every a element inside an
li element should be displayed in block format.

Oh ... wait, I see you are lining up your li elements horizontally by
giving them display: inline;  rule. Yeah, that would cause a problem
with my suggestion alright.

But  I suggest it's better to do it by floating the li elements left.
That's much more flexible for styling purposes, and if you do that you
should make the a elements render as blocks as suggested in my
original reply.  Block level elements are more flexible and easier to
style in my experience.

--
Ed Seedhouse