Christine Masters wrote:

>>> http://cmasters.townnews.com/entertainment/

> Is there any way to make my columns line up in IE quirks mode the
> same as they are lining up in Firefox? What is IE quirks mode
> calculating differently in the box model other than padding?

Your layout is "pixel-tight" without a single pixel to spare in width.
IE in quirks mode also puts any borders on the inside of declared width
instead of adding them to the width. This makes those column-floats run
out of space (inside the bordered "page") a bit earlier in IE.

Try adding...

#tnent_rightadvertising {margin-right: -3px;}

...any value from -1px to -10px will probably be ok.
This will pull in the 'backside margins' on that floating element and it
will be calculated that much narrower than it really is - giving IE its
much needed space.

No need to hide this addition from other browsers, as they could all do
with a bit of extra space in that layout and such a negative backside
margin won't show up _there_. Don't put such a 'negative backside
margin' on other elements in that layout though, as that will definitely
have a negative effect on alignment.

regards
        Georg
--