Rob O'Rourke wrote:

> http://brendan.o-rourke.org/archive/new-website

> * When you scroll down the content area seems to cover the main
> heading text even though it's in a fixed position header div. I can't
>  work it out...

Add...
#head {z-index: 1;}
...and delete the entire div[id="head"] * - make them 'static'.

It is in particular the 'position: relative' on 'h1 a' that Safari has
problems with, but none of those elements needs to be stacked in any
browser anyway. It is more than enough to stack the 'fixed' #head and
place .fade inside it and restyle .fade to also be 'static'.

Your .fade may otherwise end up slightly in the wrong position under
certain circumstances (see: font-resizing / minimum font-size), since
you use 'top: 4em' on .fade now.

> * The comments have the date field positioned top right and the
> background colours should run together seamlessly, see IE, firefox or
>  opera for the correct behaviour.

Sorry, but none of my browsers agree on where to position that date
field, because they all (except IE) add 'minimum font size' into the
equation.

If you want that date field ( <small> ) positioned reliable across
browser-land, then a margin-top won't do. You should rather try the
following...

Add...

.comment {
position: relative;
}

Use...

.comment small {
position: absolute;
bottom: 100%;
right: 0;
margin: 0 /* default - can be adjusted slightly */;
padding : 2px 8px 0 8px;
font-weight : bold;
font-size : 1em;

...and no browser will disagree on where to position that date field -
with its bottom exactly at the upper-right edge of each comment.

regards
        Georg
--
http://www.gunlaug.no