Ingo Chao wrote:
> I made a quick test case on this [1], and IE XP SP2 (including IE7,
> didn't they [2] say they have fixed it?) shows duplicated characters
> triggered by HTML comments, input type=hidden, and display:none
> content.

> [1] http://www.satzansatz.de/cssd/tmp/dupcharbug.html

Nice test case. We can save ourselves from writing long "Lorem ipsums",
as IE can be triggered into copying big chunks :-)

I think IE7 is 'patched' more than 'fixed'. The bugs are still there,
but they have tried to cover up for them in as many cases as possible -
with varying success.
Whenever I hear about a bug in IE7 I first add, or open up, an
"IE6-fix". It usually works, either in original or modified form.

regards
        Georg
--
http://www.gunlaug.no