From: francky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "hiptojive @hotmail.com" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CC: css-d@lists.css-discuss.org
Subject: Re: [css-d] Border help - Browser compatibility issues
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 09:52:28 +0100

hiptojive @hotmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having a rought time here getting the borders to match up in all the
> browsers. Ideally I want the page to look like what it does in IE for the
> PC.   It's all wonky looking in Firefox (and i presume it's looking like
> this on the Mac. I have yet to test).  I'v tried fudging borders in the
> image banner, but to no avail I can't get this to work.  I've also tried
> adjusting the widths of my containers, but nothing seems to get this to be > consistent. I read that borders in Firefox display on the inside, and in IE
> on the outside, so I presume this is part of the problem, but I'm sure
> there's something else happening here in my code.
>
> http://www.thestudioformovement.com/
>
> Any insight on how to solve this problem, or how to approach boarders would
> be very helpful.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> mary
Hi Mary,
I guess it is a 3px hop of IE. The easiest way to get it crossbrowser
is, I think, to assign the borders to the outer wrapper. Then for
standards compliant browsers we need to add a "clearing" div just before
the end of the wrapper, so the border lines will extend to the bottom.
See source code of:

    * testpage
<http://home.tiscali.nl/developerscorner/css-discuss/test-studio.htm>

Then you can omit the top and right border in the logo img itself.
Success and greetings,
francky

btw-1:
I should consider to give more contrast to the text and background color
in the content part. Now is is not obeying the accessibility rules. If
you give the background a color of for instance #C3A5A5 instead of #966
it will be alright.

btw-2:
An excellent Web Accessibility Toolbar for IE or Opera (with color
contrast analyzer) you can download from
http://www.wat-c.org/tools/index.html