Gary,

IE expands all elements to contain one line of text's worth of whitespace.

Fix it with a font-size:1px.

If you need a zero-height div for clearing or something, you can do this:

div.zeroheight {
  font-size: 1px;
  height: 3px;
  margin-top: -3px;
}

That pulls it up over top of the previous element, which makes it
effectively take up no vertical space. (If you need it completely out
of the way, you can further manipulate it with relative positioning
from that point...)

Mike

http://uwmike.com // http://googlemapsbook.com