CSS Discussers.

Thank you for the tips on how to achieve round, and other stylized, corners.

However, I'm feeling a little conflicted about my approach.

I'm working on creating a PHP based content management system that will
generate standardized HTML which can be formatted entirely with CSS. My
inspiration for this is csszengarden.

However, after comparing some of the tutorials for rounded corners with
the HTML and CSS of csszengarden, I notice that there doesn't seem to be
any fluid csszengarden designs that use rounded corners. All designs
either have static sizes with all sorts of crazy borders and stuff, or
they have fluid designs that have no particular emphasis on borders or
corners.

I should qualify my statement by saying there are a heck of a lot of
examples on csszengarden these days, so it's entirely possible that even
though I looked at many, there are many more which might counter my
impression.

But in any case, it seems that to have stylized corners in a fluid
design, one needs to add additional classes or DIVs to the HTML. Even
the Javascript options I looked at required a little bit of additional
markup in the HTML.

In keeping with my goal that the PHP system generate uniform HTML and
that *all* formatting be done with CSS, it seems there are only two
choices. One is to add some extra HTML markup which would enable
stylized, fluid corners, but be useless to CSS layouts that didn't need
such corners. The other choice is to have tighter HTML, but concede to
not having certain effects, like special corners.

Am I right that this is the only set of choices?

Can anyone suggest how to converge the csszengarden principle with
stylized corners without creating HTML that is too bloated?

Any advice or information would be very helpful. Thank you.

--
Dave M G
Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy Eft