Brian Jones schreef:
> Hi,
>
> I have created a tab navigation menu and it displays fine in Firefox,
> but in IE there is a gap between the tabs and the tabbox. I've tried
> playing around with it but I still can't get it to display correctly
> in both browsers. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Here's the html
> http://astro.temple.edu/~tua14115/tabs.html
>

> Here's the css
> http://astro.temple.edu/~tua14115/css/tabs.css
>
> Thanx
Hi Brian,
The margin-top of 10px for the #tabbox is not good for IE: can be
deleted. Then give "HasLayout" [1] for IE with { height: 1%;} in the
#tabbox. No more problem. :-)
Some other things:

    * The fixed line-height (13px) of the #tab is pulverizing the
      ability for good font-scaling by the visitor; can be deleted.
    * Setting a font-family for the tabs will enable a better
      positioning of the tab texts (by fine tuning of the margins /
      paddings).
    * Enlarging the background images for the tabs is also needed for
      clientside font-scaling.
    * Adding bg colors for the tabs is satisfying the css-validator
      warnings, and enabling visitors with disabled background images to
      see the tabs as well.

See fresh testpage
<http://home.tiscali.nl/developerscorner/css-discuss/test-astro_tabs.html>

Success and greetings,