At 00:29 +0100 26/2/07, Gunlaug Sørtun wrote:
>Douglas Fraser wrote:
>>http://www.microcinemadvd.com if anyone wants to take a look
>
>Browsers seems to have problems calculating the left column to be 100% tall.
>
>A border on the 'height: 99%;' <td> for left column shows that it only
>expands as tall as the content pushes it in Safari, Opera and IE/Mac,
>and they don't change anything on reload.
>Firefox has similar problems, but seems to be able to calculate "a
>height" on reload.
>All height-values in percentages on nested <table> / <td> are of no use
>when parents lack proper height - as browsers see it, as there's nothing
to calculate percentage-heights from.
>This is a normal problem with heavily nested tables IIRC (it's been a
>long time). Such heavy nesting may be valid enough, but it isn't making
>it easy for browsers to render as intended.

yes, I understand now... I've tried all sorts of things, but ,,,,
and I don't have the
time to make everything table-less.  a javascript fix is just quicker
(to add padding
I think).  the problem is the main content area is a variable length
and so I can't use a
fixed number.

thanks
doug