sorry -- that went out without a proper subject line.

> Gunlaug Sørtun wrote:
> > It will also fail when the div is expanded, because you can't clear
> > below '.big'.
>
> So, the only solution seems to be to wrap a div around everything
> below
> #togglebar, and float that div with a negative backside margin -
> only in
> IE6 and below.

Well, I built an alternate version that feeds IE6 positioned elements
instead of floated, and it seems to work, even with the animated
panel... still just working through the concept... just hadn't come
across that particular flavor of IE6-challenge

http://tinyurl.com/29lrdw

thanks for showing me an opening!

Rolf