Hi,

I just started this today...

        http://dev.hearthstone.wd-2.net/

and I'm seeing two problems (note, as always I'm starting w/ just FF &
Safari — I'll deal w/ the IE carnage later!)

1) The footer content has a higher z-index than the gray mask that runs
across it... so why is the gray mask actually stacking above the
content?

2) The colored corner box at the bottom right of the main content pane.
  Actually, this is a train wreck of three elements all stacked in the
same place.  The three corner boxes have colors like the three columns,
and each one is *supposed* to be snuggled into the bottom right corner
its like-colored column container.  The columns are done with a <table>
(no flames please... this scenario is my only non-semantic use of
pieces isn't working has to do with the fact that the effect of
"position: relative" on table cells is undefined (per the spec), so the
browsers just ignore it.  That's a bummer... virtually the only use I
ever make of "position: relative" is to establish containment, and it
seems like it wouldn't have hurt for the spec to at least define that
effect.  Anyway... does anybody know of an alternative?  It seems like
a catch-22... I need the table cells to get full-height columns, but
then the table cells kill absolute positioning!

thx a lot :-),

—ml—