David Sharp wrote:
> Hi Listers,
>
> The site www.syntony.org/2007/diary.html
>
> Don't have access to a mac, so am using snugtech to get screenshots, but
> it seems to chop most of my page off at the higher screen widths. I'm
> hoping this is a problem with the screenshot, and not with my site.

Sorry, no.

> Also on this particular page (concert diary) the background image on
> each div (the alchemical symbols) are positioned so that the colour
> version (which is underneath in the image) shouldn't show. It seems to
> on some but not others. Wierd - tell me what I have missed.
>
> Finally, on the links to the left, in the safari screenshots only, again
> a small band of colour can be seen at the bottom of the symbol in the
> unhovered state. This is not the case in FF (windows) and IE 6 & 7. Can
> anyone shed any light on this?

Both issues are due to the same Safari bug. If a background-image is
bigger than its box, it starts repeating, no matter what is said on
background-repeat.

As if the following was set:
div.concert,
#series_nav ul li a {
   background-repeat: repeat-y
   }

The bug is fixed in Webkit nightly build; some consolation that is.

I don't have a fix at hand, but I hope someone else finds a workaround.

Ingo

--
http://www.satzansatz.de/css.html