Hi all,

I've got a small site that uses CSS "frames" to create a fixed
navigation sidebar, similar to the techniques discussed here:
        http://jessey.net/simon/articles/007.html
        http://underscorebleach.net/jotsheet/2004/12/frames-with-css-layout
        http://css-discuss.incutio.com/?page=FixedLayouts

This works perfectly in Firefox and IE 5-7 in quirks mode. The CSS
and XHTML validate and all is right in the world.

I recently got a wild hair to implement a sort of tooltip
functionality and I used Eric's pure css popups as a model. It works
great in Firefox, but IE has all kinds of problems positioning the
info box. I'm pretty sure that there's some kind of conflict between
the fixed positioning code and the css popups, but I don't have the
skills to sort it out. The best I could come up with was a totally
different implementation for IE, but there are problems and I'd
prefer the rendering to be the same. I've been beating my head into
this for so long now that I can't see straight, so I thought that I'd
run it by the list -- since you all know infinitely more about CSS
than I ever will.

A description, with examples:
        http://ronin-group.org/TRG_colophon.shtml#notes

My style sheets:
        http://ronin-group.org/css-rgo-main.css
        http://ronin-group.org/css-msiefix.css

If anyone has any thoughts, I'd certainly appreciate hearing them.

Best,

  michael