Ingo Chao wrote:
> Subscriptions wrote:
>
>> ... the ghosts make the page longer than it needs to be, creating
>> visual issues.
>>
>> Would you mind looking at it?
>> http://www.buckeyeinstitute.org/podcast/
>

> I'd like to know if Safari and Opera are right to show the space that
>  is occupied by the r.p. box before it is offset. Os is Fx right, not
>  making the page longer?

If my (old) interpretation of 'overflow: hidden' is correct, then Fx got
it wrong. I prefer Fx' way of doing it though :-)

As I see it:
- 'overflow: hidden' means "hide overflowing part from view".
- 'overflow: hidden' does *not* mean "treat overflowing part as if it
was subjected to 'display: none'".

My interpretation comes from the use of the word 'hidden' here. In
'visibility: hidden' the word 'hidden' means "hidden objects aren't
visible but still take up space", so I've always thought it should mean
the same for 'overflow'.

However, it often makes more sense design-wise to "treat overflowing
part as if it didn't exist" - like Fx does, but we should then have had
an 'overflow: none' variant so we could choose.

regards
        Georg
--
http://www.gunlaug.no