David Hucklesby wrote:
> On Thu, 08 Mar 2007 23:02:51 +0100, Ingo Chao wrote:
>> Thought I share some findings on this bug. See a reduced testcase [1].
>>
> [sample code snipped]
>> In IE7 (but not in IE6), only the first page is printed. The print styles
>> reset
>> haslayout to false for the parent element.
>>

> Um. Just in case some neophyte gets misled, I believe that 'hasLayout'
> cannot be reset. Since 'hasLayout' is not a CSS property, it does not
> follow CSS rules.
>
> Hopefully someone will correct me if I am wrong.
>
> Cordially,
> David
> --
> www.hucklesby.com

Sorry for my last posting, it might have led to misunderstanding.

The snipped sample code

#parent {
   position: relative;
   width: 750px;

#parent {
   width: auto;
   }

results in haslayout=false for #parent. The property 'width' was reset
to its default/initial value in a separate rule set.

Some properties allow for this kind of "reset" or "undo", others don't [1].

Another sample code

#parent {
   display: inline-block;
   }

#parent {
  display: inline;
   }

results surprisingly in haslayout=true for #parent, even if display was
reset to its default/initial value in the second rule set.

But you are right, haslayout is not "set" by CSS, and it is not "reset"
by CSS. haslayout=true can be a internal requirement when setting some
properties in CSS. It does not follow the CSS rules of overwriting.

Regards,

Ingo

[1] http://www.satzansatz.de/cssd/onhavinglayout.html#reset

--