I was redoing alistapart's Sliding Doors Part II to get re-aquanted
with it, and ran into some issues. Not sure why as my code and theirs
are 'almost' the same (i move some code to IE conditional comments is
the biggest change, maybe i use float:left; instead of display:inline
for '#header li' rule, and also my images are different so have to use
different padding )

if you want to compare the 2 pages:
http://www.alistapart.com/d/slidingdoors2/v1/ex8a.html
http://arihoj.freehostia.com/css/slidingdoors2/slidingdoors2_FF%20AND%20IE.html

Now in my page, if you go a few pixels away from the hyperlink's text
in IE6, then the mouse "hover" hand goes away and becomes an arrow,
and if you move it 1px more to the left, it comes turns back into a
hand.
It can be in any direction like, slowly move mouse away to the left
from 'N' in "News" text, or upwards, etc.  Weird thing is IE5.01 and
IE5.5 dont do this. ( P.S. I am using standalone IE's to test this as
i have IE7 installed).

[
A second smaller question is why when moving the css from sliding
doors Part I to example 8a in Part II...
the rule used to be
  #header a { float:left; display:block; ... other stuff }
gets moved 1 down to the span which as added so we can do rollovers in IE...
  #header a span{ float:left; display:block; ... other stuff  }
but all IE's except Mac, get this following rule which was added... I
was wondering why?, seems like having float for the span and
display:block go hand in hand. Why would you want IE/WIN not need it,
but IE/MAC need it?
  /* Commented Backslash Hack hides rule from IE5-Mac \*/
  #header a span {float:none; }
  /* End IE5-Mac hack */
]

Thanks,