Hi there,

I am trying to clear after a right-float inside a <div> which has
something floating to it's right too. E.g.:

    <ul id="2.1" />

1 floats to the right of 2, and 2.1 should align with the right
border of 2, so I floated it right. This works, even if 2.1 has
nothing to float right against.

The problem is when I try to add the <p>, since it will appear left
of 2.1. However, I want it to appear *below*. But if I set
clear:right on the <p>, it also clears the right wrt 1 and thus <p>
will appear at the very bottom of the page, below the content of
1 (but inside 2).

Example page:

  http://martin-krafft.net/new/ [valid]
  CSS: http://martin-krafft.net/new/css/base.css [valid]

How can I achieve what I want, without assuming the height of the
<ul> (and ideally without hardcoding a width)?

I tried making the <ul> (2.1) inline and text-aligning it right, but
that does not work either. And neither does
position:relative;right:0

  \____ echo mailto: !#^."<*>"|tr "<*> mailto:"; [EMAIL PROTECTED]

spamtraps: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does
 not become a monster. and when you look into an abyss, the abyss also
 looks into you."
                                                 - friedrich nietzsche