~davidLaakso wrote:
> Erik Visser wrote:
>> A site check please for anoter site i recently finished:
>> http://24-10reading.nl/
>>
>> Any remarks, also on the design are very welcome.
>>
>> Thanks, Erik Visser
>>

> She did well on my end (xp) in ie/7., opera/9.1, and ff (version
> whatever it is). In  ie/6.0 at /text-size largest/, the vertical logo
> disappears and there is no horizontal scroll-bar with which to retrieve it.
> See screen shot: <http://chelseacreekstudio.com/ca/cssd/ev.gif>.

i will loook into that one.
any idea  on why the scrolllbar doesn't appear?
(or maybe better: why the left side is chopped off?)

> However, with both of your sites (and this is a personal opinion that is
> not shared by all on this or any other list), I find sites that require
> both horizontal and vertical scrolling when the fonts are scaled to be
> bothersome.

Ok, vertical scrolling is hard to avoid. That is, when the amount of
content rises. With all designs there comes a point where you can't keep
the content in the browser window. Isn't it?

Then the horizontal scrolling. While keeping the same design, this
horizontal scrollbar can only be avoided by not using a min-width. Isn't it?
Then it comes up to the design how it keeps up without min-width.

Especially the 24-10reading client could not accept the horizontal menu
wrapping over 2 lines on smaller browser windows / bigger font sizes.

So withouut brekaing the  design with a horizontal menu bar there isn't
a way to avoid this horizontal scrollbar. Or...?

Thanks, Erik