Mário Gamito schreef:
> Hi Francky,
>
> Thank you for your answer.
>

>>    html-validator says...
>>
>> <http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gamito.org%2FtopContainer.html&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&ss=1&verbose=1>
>>

> Yes, i know it's shitty, but that's his problem.
> I'm just trying to set the page layout straight.
> I'm a Linux system's administrator, not a web designer.

Aii! The problem is: if the html is not validating, then the whole page
layout doesn't work > all tries to get it straight will be in vain...
So it's not only his problem, now it is your problem too. ;-(

>> But if the page is repaired and 1 or more problems is/are still there:
>> don't hesitate to come back!
>>
> I just don't know how to repair it :(
>
> Already tried a lot of things, but nothing.

... confirming the validation problems (some IE only style rules are in
the html). Tips are included in the html-validator messages.
For the layout: I guess canceling all absolute positions and replacing
them by floats will do good.
I'm sorry not to have more time at the moment, maybe others can give
some help.

Greetings,
francky