Seona Bellamy wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I've been finding an odd problem with the Son of Suckerfish menu in IE7.
> I've Googled it extensively, and tried implementing every IE7 fix I came
> across whether it seemed relevant or not, but I just can't get the problem
> to go away.
>
> You can see it in action if you go to the (extremely bare bones) example
> I've thrown together here:
> http://www.frontandback.com.au/test/test.html
>
> Mouse over one of the menu items, press the mouse button, but then move the
> mouse slightly before you release the button. Now shift the mouse across the
> rest of the top-level menu. All of the sub-menus now refuse to vanish.
>
> Has anyone run into this problem before? More importantly, does anyone know
> of a way to fix it?

It's IE6's old stuck-on-hover bug with the ingredient of a mouse click
as a trigger.

#mainnav li:hover {background-position: 0 0}

fixes it.

IE6 itself does not show this stuck-on-hover phenomenon in
suckerfish-type menus: to process the li:hover on any element, the
sfHover = function() already does register an user event with
onmouseover and applies a new class sfhover to li. So there is no need
for this fix in IE6.

http://www.satzansatz.de/cssd/pseudocss.html#hoverstuck

Ingo

--