Ingo Cao wrote:
>>> Hi Brian,
>>> Do you have, or can you make something to put on a public server
>>> for us to look at? Just to show us the HTML you use and the effect
>>> you are trying to achieve?
 >>>
>> Right. You can see the design at www.semprinirecords.com
>
> This is a link to a page where the problem does not show up.

Correct you are. The link points to the site as it exists now, with
image elements inside anchors. I'd like to bring the site up to date by
using image replacement on links inside list items. David had asked to
see the *design* on the off chance that i could use something other than
24-bit PNGs. I thought that was clear.

> Anyway, links are not clickable when placed above a filter in IE. Worse,
> if placed above a filter when positioned. Both situations are adressed
> here:
>
> http://www.satzansatz.de/cssd/tmp/alphatransparency.html

This looks interesting. I started to write up some JS to fiddle with the
links for IE. I can alter it to add a span or something and see if that
works (all the links are positioned absolutely). I'll check it out later
this afternoon.

thanks,
brian