On 3/27/07, Gunlaug Sørtun <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > There are no definitive answers to anything on the web, there will
> > always be an exception to any rule we care to make, that's what we
> > have to live with, and work with. So lets all accept it and move
> > on..........
> >
> > Agree or not 'Georg?'
>
> Asked directly like that, I have to say "I agree - more or less".
>
> Rules without exceptions are "limitations", in my terminology. I hate
> limitations, so I always reserve the right to make exceptions :-)
>
> > I've learned a lot over the last ten days, now have to start all over
> >  again......
>
> Slightly wrong approach, IMO. No need to discard what works, only what
> doesn't.
>
> A better approach might be to fix or remove the parts that aren't
> working, keep the rest and add whatever is needed to make it all work
> together as a whole.

One of the nice things about CSS is that you can throw all of it away,
or some of it, and you  will most likely still have a working website.
It's never too late to fix/tweak/accommodate new thinking.

I'm going to keep my sites at font-size:76% - for now. At the moment
Dennis has to cut off his nose to spite his face on nine out of ten
websites he encounters, rather than bumping up his default browser
font size, but the day may come when he doesn't. It doesn't always pay
to be on the vanguard. Without de facto standards - such as
XMLHTTPRequest, Flash, RSS, nofollow links, etc - the web would be
messier and develop at a slower pace.

--
Chris Ovenden

http://thepeer.blogspot.com
"Imagine all the people / Sharing all the world"