Great that worked! Thanks Georg! However, I was just
wondering if this syntax is correct:

#content {position: relative;
        float: left;
        width: 954px;
        border-top: 1px solid #162581;}

I originally just had #content floating, I added
position relative and it got the banner in place which
is great but when I took the float out then I couldn't
see my border-top any more. So that's why I'm
wondering if an element can be both floated left and
positioned relative? And if not, then how do I get my
border-top to show using only position: relative; ?

Elli V

--- Gunlaug Sørtun <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Elli Vizcaino wrote:
> > Now I'm not sure how to position the banner, since
> absolute or
> > relative positioning isn't doing what I need it to
> do.
>
> > Actual page: http://eliazer.com/gse/index.html
>
> Create the necessary relation by adding...
>
> #content {position: relative;}
>
> ...and the absolute positioned banner-image will
> stay exactly where you
> want it.
>
> regards
>       Georg