This is a long shot...in the dark, but here goes:

I have a td that has an ID on it, it is part of a Content Management
System.  Every time a new template is created in the CMS the td's ID
changes to a different value.

template one: <td id="lc110">text here</td>
template two: <td id="lc111">text here</td>
template two: <td id="lc113">text here</td>

My question is; is it possible to specify a CSS 2.1 or 3.1 selector that
can cover a range of values?  I only need this to work in Firefox, so
compatibility with IE is not an issue.

I've poked around on:
http://www.456bereastreet.com/archive/200601/css_3_selectors_explained/

This looks close:
Substring matching attribute selector
E[att^=”val”]
Matches any E element whose att attribute value begins with “val”.

The only problem is that there are other TDs that have IDs that begin with
"lc" that I do not want to target.

Any ideas?  This is an attempt at a quick fix solution that only needs to
work for Firefox.

--
Jono