Vicki Stebbins wrote:

> After my Safari woes I changed the top level <li> to image mouseovers
> to ensure they stay within the boundaries...

> All seemed to work fine until IE6.0.

> http://www.seco.com.au/index.php

A better image-swap method...
<http://www.alistapart.com/articles/sprites/>
...when modified to go directly on those anchors.

Still a weak spot in IE/win...
<http://www.gunlaug.no/tos/alien/seco-ie6.png>
...caused by the fact that you're using text - non-breaking spaces - in
those anchors.

Of course, those non-breaking spaces create much worse access problems...
<http://www.gunlaug.no/tos/alien/seco-access.png>
...in case that's an issue.

To solve both those last problems, the following CSS
corrections/additions will get the basics in place...

#nav .level1 li a, #nav .level1 li a:hover {
width: 9000px;
margin-left: -8850px;
background-position: 100% 0 /* correct this when sprites are added */;
overflow: hidden;
}
#nav .level2 li a {
width: 150px;
overflow: visible;
margin-left: 0;
}

...and the HTML should be written more like this...

<ul class="level1">
<ul class="level2">
</ul>
</li>