jeffrey morin wrote:
>> Yes I ran into this as well.  It turns out that the path for the image
>> loader is relative to the /page/ that the image is being displayed in -
>> not the CSS file.  I had to move this into a conditional comment on each
>> page because I don't have all my pages in one directory, or even at the
>> same level (so I couldn't consistently use ../location-of-image).  Drove
>> me nuts for a while too :-)
>>
>> Lori
>>

> i am not sure i understand. do i have to move both the png and the blank gif
> into the same folder as my css file then?
>
> Jeff

No.  It's just that the path you specify in the filter has to work for
all your pages.
Let's say you have the following structure:

/css/styles.css
/images/logo.png
index.html
/pages/books.html

Then, for the image to be loaded into your index.html page, the path
would be images/logo.png - even though you are specifying this in the
CSS file.  But for books.html, the path would be ../images/logo.png.
See what I mean?  If you have all your pages in a directory, like pages,
then you could set the path to ../images/logo.png and it will work for
all your pages.  If you have the index page at the root, like I show
above, then perhaps you could use a conditional comment in just the
index page to load the image.

I used conditional comments in all my pages because I had several
nesting levels.

Go to http://beta.goethebooks.com and look at the source.  You can also
verify your syntax.  Note:  the site is a work in progress :-)

Lori