jeffrey morin wrote:

> i am working on this site and i can't figure out why ie7
> (probably 6 too but i don't have ie6 to test at home) is
> putting the space in the middle. if you
> scroll a little you will see a huge gap. i tried to zero the
> bottom margin
> on the paragraph above the space but it still leaves some gap
> and then has odd paragraph spacing.
>
> http://melissagerstein.com/tests/rtb/ringtone-lingo.htm

At the moment I don't see a 'huge' gap, but rather a stripe where there is
no background. That's normal: you have a background image on #contentLingo
set no-repeat, and the amount of contents (paragraphs) that you have inside
is longer than the image's height. That also depends on text-size. Try
changing font-size and you will see this stripe change its height.
If this is the problem (but from your description I'm not sure) you will
have to restructure a bit where you put your backgrounds...

hth,
Bruno

--
Bruno Fassino