I have simplified the problem page to the bare essentials.  The site in
question is located at:  "http://home.cfl.rr.com/rtgroup/test-case.html";.

A description follows of verifying menu function and then of causing the
problem this message describes.

Select "Filler Text" from either of the menus (even the Problem menu, just
not "Problem item").  Standard Latin filler will appear over a "Hide
Description" button.  Click the button to hide the text.  The text will
disappear.  Choose all the Filler Text items and verify they all work.

After selecting "Problem item" from the Problem menu, the filler text will
appear with a picture :floated to the upper right.  Click the button to hide
the text.  Now choose any of the Filler Text items.  Nothing happens.  The
only action that works is to Hide the Problem Item and to choose it again
from the menu.  Problem Item is the only menu that works and which will
direct text to the contentarea DIV.

I am ask this list as this problem is beyond my ken.

Thank you,

Bob