On 30/04/07, Robert Lane <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> What would be the right way to get this bugger down to the bottom left
> of the footer?
>
> Here is the detail from the page:
>
> #footer_tag { position: relative; bottom: 2px; }
> p.copy { padding: 6px ;  font-size: 0.7em;
> text-align: left; }

If I'm not mistaken, you need to position something absolutely in order to
use things like bottom and suchlike.

I suggest scrapping the #footer_tag and doing something like:

#footer {
  (all your stuff)
  position: relative;
}

p.copy {
  (all your stuff)
  position: absolute;
  bottom: 2px;
  left: 0;
}

That should put things roughly where you want them, then you can play around
with the exact numbers to tweak it to your liking.

Oh, and the reason for adding position: relative to the footer div is that
absolutely positioned elements will position themselves in relation to the
first positioned element that surrounds them. Making the div
position:relative won't change it's behaviour in any way that will affect
you, but it means that your paragraph will stick to your footer block
instead of the window in case you ever need to move the footer block (or
give it more bottom margin, or anything like that).

Cheers,

Seona.