On May 1, 2007, at 7:09 AM, Matt Dawson wrote:

> The draft page with the problem can be seen here:
>
> http://thenestedtest.com/waterworks/ww_d1.html
>
> The CSS for it is here:
>
> http://thenestedtest.com/waterworks/styles.css
>
> The problem is with the navigation. In Firefox, Opera, Camino, the
> rollovers
> work as planned. The line items each receive a top border that just
> overlaps
> the dashed top border set on the ul. I accomplished this by putting a
> negative margin on the links within each li. On hover, I also
> adjusted the
> padding to make the text stay visually put on rollover.
>
> But then in Safari, some combo of the padding and the negative
> margin causes
> the text to jog up and down by one pixel.

You could simplify your life:
li a {border-top: 3px solid #fff}
li a:hover {border-color: #f89a1c}

No need to use negative margins and change the padding.

Fwiw, I don't see any jumping text in the latest WebKit builds.
Whatever the issue is, it has been fixed.

Philippe
---
Philippe Wittenbergh
<http://emps.l-c-n.com>