On 5/5/07, Matt Tibbits <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>>> You can see my list here: http://www.tibbits.ca/test/index2.php

AFAIK this is indeed a hasLayout related issue, but one where addition
of hasLayout on any of the involved elements A, LI, UL, ...  makes the
behavior change but sometimes without fixing completely the problem
(which is also related to the font-size...)
In your case it seems that hasLayout on #menu with
#menu { width: 160px; }
fixes the issue.

Another thing that I found useful in similar cases is to give
display:inline to the li (this works only if you do not need any
styling on the li, like in your case. And being a bit nonsensical I
would feed it just to IE.)

Moreover I would remove your current -1px margin bottom on the li,
since those margins combined with the hover on the anchors tend to
create some jumping effects in IE (I assume this is an attempt to fix
the problem, an indeed it partially fixes it, but I would not go this
way.)

hth

--
Bruno Fassino http://www.brunildo.org/test