Christian Kirchhoff wrote:

> Hallo,
>
> please take a look at the following example:
> http://www.digitale-bibliothek.de/downloads/test/test.htm
>
> The basic layout is:
> - one top DIVused as a header and one main DIV
> - both DIVs have a three column layout, left column float:left, right column
> float:right, the center column has margins that each equal the overall width
> of either the left ar the right column.
> - The middle column DIVs have a min-width defined.
> - The middle and right DIV of the main area each have margin-bottom:
> -32767px and padding-bottom: 32767px in order to drag down their background
> color.
>
> There is a box with some links in the lower right area, under the google ad
> box. This box seems to be cut in IE 7, because the containing DIVs height is
> somehow computed worng. The overflow of that containing DIV is set to
> hidden. If I set it to auto, scroll bars appear as expected. If I set it to
> visible, it seems to show the same result as "hidden".
>
> I guess it the problem is connected to the fact that I set the height of the
> html and the body element to 100%. But if I wouldn't do that, in IE7 the
> right column DIV would be cut even earlier, even if I set it's overflow to
> visible.
>
> Does anybody know how to correct this?
>
> Any hint would be appreciated.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Christian Kirchhoff
> Directmedia Publishing GmbH · Möckernstraße 68 · 10965 Berlin
> www.digitale-bibliothek.de AG Berlin-Charlottenburg · HR B 58002 · USt.Id.
> DE173211737
> Geschäftsführer: Ralf Szymanski · Erwin Jurschitza

If you place overflow: scroll on the body tag of your document you'll
see why IE is doing the voodoo that it do(es) so well. Don't have any
advice for you to help you correct it though... If you're just wanting
all the sections to be be '100%' of the height for your backgrounds,
perhaps you should consider utilizing a 'faux column' technique? Also,
when I ran your page through the validator you have a <h2> and <p> tag
inside of an anchor tag.

--
Thanks,

Jim