On May 17, 2007, at 9:30 PM, Brian Crescimanno wrote:

> The main issue with something like this is it will harm; not hurt,
> your testing environment.  Installed on your machine, you will get
> this "more standards compliant" version of IE.  However, I would
> imagine you have to work with the assumption that 99% of IE users
> would not have this addon installed--and thus, your copy of IE would
> be useless for testing.

Uh... Deans' IE7 is just a bit of Javascript (or Jscript) that is
loaded together with the page - ok, more than a 'bit'. No need for
the user to install add-ons.

That said, I've only used part of it to get IE 6 to collaborate for
one project, and never needed/had to test against IE 7, the real one.

Philippe
---
Philippe Wittenbergh
<http://emps.l-c-n.com>