I am using the Konqueror 3.5.6 browser on Kubuntu Linux.  I need text
displayed as white against a dark background.  My initial code applied the
color: property to the paragraph.  This does not work:

    <h3>Title of Page</h3></p>

The solution was to place the color: inside the <h3> tag.

    <h3 style="color: white;">Title of Page/h3></p>

Everything I've read on the 'net says that the h3 should inherit "color:
white;" from the parent, p, tag.  Both h3 and p are inline elements.

What's happening?

Thanks, Bob