On 5/17/07, Andrew Gaffney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am working on a redesign of an existing site, and I wanted to go with CSS
> for
> layout instead of the current table layout. The new design consists of a gray
> body background, a centered DIV with images positioned at the top and a black
> background that blends into the bottom of the images. Inside that, there's a
> centered content area DIV which has a white background and a border. But
> there's
> a few problems I've run into.

After being continually frustrated with 3 column layouts and
inconsistencies, I finally just decided to adapt to the 3 column
templates provided at Dynamic Drive for my purposes when I needed to
use them:

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/style/layouts/

As a word of warning--these layouts work great in browsers but will
look horrendous in the Dreamweaver design view or Adobe Contribute.
If neither of those items are considerations, then I've found them to
be a great resource.

Brian