At 5/20/2007 11:39 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>Do you also have a suggestion for the solution of the original
>poster's problem?

As I keep saying, it depends on what the OP really wants as the final
effect.  He said:

At 5/19/2007 09:08 PM, Kevin wrote:
>I have two images that I would like positoned side by side.  I have
>setup a mouseover effect on image#1.  After setting up this effect
>the images are now lined up one ontop of the other.  How can I
>position the images side by side and still keep the effect on
>image#1.  Here is a link to my code.
>http://www.precisemessenger.com/private/help2.html

What does he mean by "still keep the effect on image#1"?  The effect
that's evident on the cited page is that a large image replaces a
smaller one.  The way he's styled it, the enlargement of image #1
overlaps the smaller image #2.  My guess, in the absence of further
elucidation from the OP, is that he wants both images to remain fully
visible when one of them is enlarged.  If so then this requires a
change in fundamental design strategy that precedes detailed markup decisions.

The myriad possibilities include:

- position each thumbnail in a space large enough that its large
version doesn't cover up or displace any other thumbnail.

- display each large image on a page separate from the thumbnails.

- display each large image in a window distinct from the one
containing the thumbnails.

- display each large image in a movable block so that the user can
move it aside to click on the other thumbnails.

- display each large image in a block that disappears on the next
click revealing the other thumbnails.

There are a ton of ways to deal with this kind of situation.  We
can't really make useful suggestions until the designer tells us what
the design criteria are.

None of the cases I've suggested here mandate any particular markup
decisions, tables or otherwise.

Regards,

Paul