david wrote:
> Update: after posting that, I saw someone else mention song lyrics or
> poetry. Being a writer of both, all I can say is - that each line is
> easily handled as a separate paragraph, with CSS controlling line
> spacing and left/right margins.

But each line is *not* a paragraph. Each line is a line of a stanza
(in my mind, marked up pretty appropriately with the <p> tag). Or, in
other words, and the end of each line is a line-break.

I think there are only two really appropriate ways to mark-up poetry.
Using <pre> tags, or using paragraphs to mark-up the stanza's and the
ordered list, but that's only an option if you need to have the line
numbers written, and even then I think it's pretty messy.

--
Australian Web Designer - http://www.blakehaswell.com/