On Tue, 22 May 2007 11:37:49 +0100, Terry O'Leary wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I have an <ul> acting as a menu (so each <li> in the list is wrapped in
> anachor), next
> to that I have a div containing a jumble of words.
>
> What i'd like to do is when I hover of the list item some text in the jumble
> words
> change color so they stand out of the jumble, any body got a pure css
> solution for
> this, i've included some example code below, i'm thinking some spans in the
> jumbled
> words and some way of changing color on a:hover ?

Not with that markup, Terry. To use CSS you would need to put the
text to highlight inside the "A" element and use positioning on it -
the H4 element would make it invalid markup, and it would not degrade
gracefully, and likely be meaningless to screen readers.

A JavaScript solution seems possible. Try asking on a JavaScript
list, such as <https://lists.LaTech.edu/mailman/listinfo/javascript>

Cordially,
David