Tom McNeer wrote:
> Deb,
>
> Thanks for the compliment. As far as validation goes, are you
> referring to HTML or CSS validation? The W3C CSS validator simply
> throws a servlet error, and has been doing so for a long time; so I
> haven't been able to validate the CSS, although it's not different
> from page to page. If you could give me some general idea of what sort
> of validation errors you received, I'd appreciate it.
>
> Lori,
>
> Actually, I took the breadcrumb trail out of a div because of weird IE
> behavior. If I turn it into a div, the div itself is positioned
> correctly, but for some reason the text inside is indented about 10
> pixels. Firebug reports no padding on the element, either specified or
> inherited. ???
>
> When you make it a span, the text and element are both positioned to
> the right, corrected by the conditional padding -- but disabling the link.
>
> --
> Thanks,
>
> Tom

Tom,

There are several bugs in your stylesheet.  For one, there's a missing
semi-colon on the last rule in the wrapperBorder definition.  If you're
using Firefox, the new error console has a CSS section which will show
all the CSS errors - and there are quite a few.  If you have the new
error console, open it from the Tools menu and pick the CSS tab in the
second row of menu options, starting with JS.

Maybe you should get your CSS fixed up before we start messing around
with spans and divisions...

Lori