On Thu, 7 Jun 2007 13:31:38 +0100, Nic Pulford wrote:

> http://lasadev.com/NewLasa/articles.htm now try and click on the menu link
> for home. On
> my version of firefox 2.0.0.4 you only get the hand cursor when the cursor is
> about
> level with and only over the area equivalent to an underline. Which is not
> very good
> for anybody yet alone poor mouse users.

Hi Nic,
I am not seeing this problem here - FF 2.0.0.4 on Win xp Pro.

> The other problem is with the popup window that is opened if you click on one
> of the
> links to articles from the page above. There neither of the menu links work
> at all, no
> mouseover and click does nothing.

I get the popup, too! It looks like your problem is local to your
test setup.  :\

There are some problems that I do see, however:

- If JavaScript is disabled, I get a font size of 8px. That's
equivalent to a point size of 4pt on my laptop. Almost invisible.

- The popup text displays at 10px - 6pt equivalent here.
That's a bit small for comfort, especially on a complete article.

- You have a file name suffix of .htm so, absent some clever server-
side tricks, browsers "see" HTML. But your DOCTYPE is XHTML 1.1
which is intended to be displayed as XHTML only. I suggest using a
file name suffix of .xhtml[1] or use XHTML 1.0.

- I'd also suggest using regular links in place of a popup. With the
increasing popularity of popup blockers, visitors are likely to have
problems with accessing the articles.

> IE and Opera are OK.

But Opera has a built-in popup blocker. The Google toolbar adds
one to IE.

I am also getting the same teensy text with JS turned off.
(FWIW - I usually turn off JS when visiting sites unknown.)

[1] But note that IE (alone) can't handle such files.

Cordially,
David