On Jun 10, 2007, at 12:12 AM, Dave M G wrote:

> Philippe,
>
> Thank you for responding.
>
>> ...it breaks in Firefox 2.0.0.x, and that is a bug...
>> b1. add a width back to the div. 7.5em seems to work fine.
>>

> Sorry, but I'm a little unclear on what the expected results should
> be.
> Do you mean that applying a 7.5em width will make it a minimum of
> 7.5em,
> or that I should settle for a fixed width?
>
> I did all the changes you suggested, and in the end, the width is
> fixed
> at 7.5em. If I make changes to the menu items, such as ad a new
> one, new
> <li> items will get bumped below the others and the menu will expand
> vertically, not horizontally.
>
> So I just thought I should confirm what results I should be expecting.

In Firefox 2.0, if you don't set a width on the div, it will expand
to the available width of the parent block - it _should_ shrinkwrap.

If/when you want to add an additional <li>, you'll have to adjust the
width of the div; that is the correct behaviour given the fixed width
of the div.

Philippe
---
Philippe Wittenbergh