William Gaffga wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Don't think this is my first post but don't recall my last.
>
> I need some help. I'm working on a site that is deceptively simple, a
> single centered column, 700px wide, with three divs, acting like rows.
> The first two "rows" should each be 300px high, their bottom and top
> should touch. The third row, a nav bar, should be flush to the bottom
> of the page.
>
> I have this working in Firefox & now Safari but IE chokes on it, the
> second & third rows being pushed off to the side despite using a
> container div. If this is not an adequate description you can see an
> example here: <http://www.kingtiger.ws/footer_test.html>
>
> After doing some research it must have to do with "having layout" or
> one of the other IE issues. Unfortunately, my brain just isn't
> absorbing the data for how to fix this.
>
> Can someone provide a fix, advice on how to proceed (without tables)
> or at least point to an example that works - cleanly!
>
> Thanks very much.
>
> Will.

Actually, your issue has nothing to do with hasLayout. The issue here is
two-fold. When you use position: absolute in IE it thinks you want left:
50% instead of left: 0 like firefox defaults to. So, for .middle add the
line left: 0;

Now, since your .bottom container is utilizing fixed positioning, you
need to do a little extra work since using left: 0 on this element will
actually left align it with the browser window and you want it centered
you need to use negative margins. Set these two lines and it will center
your .bottom container left: 50%; margin-left: -351px;

--
Thanks,

Jim