Brian Crescimanno wrote:
> On 6/20/07, Lyn Williams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> I have a problem centering a menu I have within a div. I have tried using
>> many methods but I get no luck.
>>

> have you tried:
>
> div#buttons ul{ width: XXXpx; margin: 0 auto; } where width is set
> equal to the menu's width?

Lyn,

I see you've taken Brian's advice and set a width. But I would recommend
you change its unit to ems, as setting a width in pixels ensures that
your buttons will drop down as soon as the text is resized, or any time
a user doesn't start with the font size you started with and designed for.

Alternately, you can avoid widths altogether by using display: inline
instead of float:
http://24ways.org/2005/centered-tabs-with-css

Zoe

--