Ok, MB...

Forgot the subject line...CRS.

Here's the redo with the subject line.

Dave questioned:

On this page http://www.pierceartanddesign.com/testfiles/pages/
med_vs_social_care.html I've almost gotten the myriad browser bugs
handled. All of my CSS on all three check out as being good on the
WC3 checkers, as well as the HTML, with the exception of the header/
style info.

I don't understand where the problem is. Can someone clue in the
clueless?

<CLIP! SLASH!>

< head>
charset=UTF-8">
                <title>Medical vs. Social Care</title>
                <link href="../css/basic.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"
media="all">
         <!--[if lt IE 7.0]>
          <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../css/
ie6.css" />
          <![endif]-->
          <!--[if lt IE 6.0]>
          <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../css/
ie5x.css" />
          <![endif]-->

--></style>
</head>

Susan said, suitably:

In the example you gave of your header, there's a style close without an
open that may be causing your issue - you didn't say the actual invalid
message though, so I can't be sure that's what you're speaking of.

--></style>

Susan, thanks,

Here's the entire two messages from the CSS checker:

Error Line 17 column 0: character data is not allowed here.
--></style>
You have used character data somewhere it is not permitted to appear.
Mistakes that can cause this error include putting text directly in
the body of the document without wrapping it in a container element
(such as a <p>aragraph</p>) or forgetting to quote an attribute value
(where characters such as "%" and "/" are common, but cannot appear
without surrounding quotes).
✉
Error Line 17 column 10: end tag for element "STYLE" which is not open.
--></style>
The Validator found an end tag for the above element, but that
element is not currently open. This is often caused by a leftover end
tag from an element that was removed during editing, or by an
implicitly closed element (if you have an error related to an element
being used where it is not allowed, this is almost certainly the
case). In the latter case this error will disappear as soon as you
fix the original problem.

Also, are my conditional comment links done correctly? My first time
at those...

Thank you for your assistance!

;-Dave